Take Your Time After Your C-Section

C-Section Recovery

I can give my best advice in one second! I don't even have to ponder or consider it. "Don't get in a hurry and enjoy your baby!" I've had four c-sections. Since having the first in 1966, I've observed more and more babies being delivered by c-section. I had never even heard of one before I was told I was having one. My information isn't a bunch of researched, generalized, or fictionalized information. In other words, I've recovered from four C-Sections.

LOGIC


By way of introduction, my beliefs are as follows. Giving life to another human being through becoming the person who gives over the rights to their body, and one does just that, to the care, creation, and formation of a new life is the highest calling on earth for a woman.

That belief is my Christian belief.

I believe God chose a young woman named Mary to birth his own son and therefore elevated the status of womanhood forever. Therefore, for a woman to chose to give the gift of life is the greatest gift she can give herself, the baby's Father, the baby, and the family. I believe this fact should inform any female considering a possible venture into Motherhood.

In giving this gift, the woman, knowingly or unknowingly, chooses to lay down her very life for the life of the child. For even in today's modern world of miracle science, a woman cannot know really know what lies before her in such a journey. And, yes, sometimes, childbirth still can take the life of the Mother. And such costs should always be counted before planning a life journey.

THE JOURNEY

My journey began in 1966 due to carrying a breach baby. That's when the baby's head is upward toward the heart of the Mother rather than pointing downward into the birth canal. The doctor gave me exercises to encourage the baby to turn. And, when the baby didn't turn, a section was scheduled. Now, it's really nice to be able to schedule when a baby will arrive! I liked that part. I wasn't at all prepared for much beyond and fortunately, as a first time Mom, the doctor knew that and gave me roommate Mommie who was having her 6th or so. I was so grateful and ask her lots of questions. Did I mention, I was 19 years old with only 1 year of college behind me. A good doctor can go a long way in helping all to go well. Listen to those you trust and choose yours wisely!

MY ADVICE:
Enjoy your baby! If this isn't happening, it is a sign that there is a big need for help. Get what help you need. Don't put it off thinking tomorrow it'll be better. My opinion and experience showed me proper diet, exercise, and rest are the fundamentals of a healthy and quick recovery. If you observe all these, your recovery will go well, your baby will get the care and attention it needs and deserves, and most likely so will everyone else.