EPT Pregnancy Test: A Reliable Tool for Learning if You're Pregnant

Every day, thousands of women find themselves facing one of the most exciting (or frightening) times in their lives - the moment they realize that they are "late."

The first thing I did before I even told anyone my suspicions was take a home pregnancy test. But with so many types on the market, it can be hard to determine which brand is the most reliable in giving you the correct answer that you so desperately want. I have found that the EPT is the best test in this situation.

The "Error Proof Test" (EPT) has been on the market for quite some time and its name tells you all that you really need to know about it. There are two different types of EPT products available that ultimately tell you what you want to know...whether or not you are pregnant. Claiming to be 99% accurate, these tests are extremely easy to use and can be used at any time of day as early as the day you miss your period.

The regular EPT is a pretty standard test that when used correctly, will let you know if you are expecting by a + or - indicator. There is also the EPT Certainty test that, for those of you who do not want to believe that the plus sign means pregnant, will tell you flat out if you're "pregnant" or "not pregnant". Prices can range anywhere from $12.00 to $17.99 depending on if you are buying a one-test box or, (my personal favorite) the double box. They both give you results in as little as 2 minutes although personally, I have had results in just 1 minute.

It is so simple to use, I will guide you through my first experience with this test. With my second child I had to work so before I got to my job I picked up the double box of the regular EPT (to tests just to be extra sure...sad I know). So during my first break when I had to "go" I took one with me and ran to the restroom. All that needs to be done is first remove the cap to expose the absorbent tip, hold the absorbent tip of the test under urine for about five seconds (I kept it there!), and replace the cap. It must be laid on a flat surface to ensure accuracy. So while I am still there I am holding the test in my lap and within moments I see the liquid flow through and a big old pink plus sign darkened...this indicated that I was indeed pregnant. I still took the other test the next morning...but yes it was just that fast and simple...and accurate.

Although these tests are very accurate, they are not immune to errors. Tests have been known to give false positives and have even given false negatives. A number of things can cause this to happen including not having enough urine on the tip, not laying it flat...or even just having a faulty test. That's one reason why I have been prone to buying double because I just need to double check...or maybe in my case I was wasting money because it was always correct with me.

Most of the reviews that I found were "positive" for EPT Most women claimed that they had near perfect results whenever they used the tests. Both versions received around the same number of praises and negative reviews as each other.

Over the years there have been a few occasions where I have had to run to the store to pick up a test (or two), and each time I did, I felt comfortable buying EPT because I was sure that I was going to get the right answer...whether I was ready for it or not!